Additive Manufacturing Solutions
SENTESADDITIVE is brand of Sentes-BIR for its offerings in Additive Manufacturing. Parts & services of SENTESADDITIVE includes;
Industries served by SENTESADDITIVE are;
At SENTESADDITIVE we offer material expertise of powder production to newly developing AM technologies. Our aim is to support our customer from alloy development to part inspection, a vertically integrated partner for their Additive Manufacturing projects. Besides the general industries our concentration is medical and aerospace/defence, where highest standards are expected.
Aerospace / Defence
The aerospace industry is an early adopter of additive manufacturing. Additive manufacturing technology offers various advantages to aerospace industry:
- Shorter development process and time to market: AM allows the rapid prototyping and conceptual design review and validation. Tooling manufacture can be skipped and one can go straight to finished parts. This enables engineers to test multiple configurations, find out customer preferences and minimize product-launch risk.
- Freedom to design complex geometries: AM gives rise to near-net shape parts and allows increasing design complexity without inflating manufacturing costs.
- Consolidate design and improve reliability: The higher design freedom allows decreasing the number of sub-components that compose system assemblies.
- Light-weight design to improve fuel efficiency: helps reduce weight of aerospace components by printing more efficient geometries, topologically optimized and lattice structures that carve out significant amounts of unnecessary material.
- Higher material efficiency reduces costs for certain components.
Medical industry is already one of the largest users of additive manufacturing, where additive manufacturing’s advantages of complex part design freedom and personalisation can really be utilised. Major advantages of additive manufacturing technology to medical industry industry:
- Lattice structures can be easly produced with additive
manufacturing, which can allow osteosynthesis (bone fixation) and accelerate the healing process.
- Manfuacturing of patient specific implants are at no additional cost.
- Biocompatible materials like Titanium, Tantalum, CoCrMo is possible to use in additive manufacturing.
EOS M290 with OT
Construction volume: 250×250×325 mm
Material parameter sets: Titanium and
Construction volume: ø100×100 mm
Material parameter set: Cobalt F75
Materalize Magic, Autodest Netfabb
AMS 2750 Class 2 Type A
Workzone: 400×400×600 mm
All metal hotzone
Max Temp: 1250 ˚C
Max Vacuum: 10-4 mbar
Gas Quenching: 11 bars
Workzone: 400×320×400 mm
Cutting Speed: 160 mm²/min